Free Unix resources
- Let's Encrypt for free SSL certificates (sponsored by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG)) and
certbot.org from the Electronic Freedom Foundation
- Google's Password Manager for free personal password vault.
- FreeBSD Unix
- homepage and a site document Fresh Port for FreeBSD.
- OpenBSD for a security focused Unix and
- NetBSD for a portability focused Unix.
- Free Linux from Debian,
- CentOS, and
- LibreOffice the Free Office Suite for Unix (and others).
- The Apache web server.
- The Zope web server.
Anything Linux at the Linuxtopia
Developer resources at IBM's Developerworks
The Unix Guru
A computer programming book Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
by Abelson and Sussman.
Hints on various computer details
- Details about server setups from server-world.info.
- Notes on dumping table definitions and data from MS Access files.
- Regular Expression info.
- SAS OnDemand for Academics supports free online training.
- Sample programs from the SAS Tutorials at SAS.com.
- SAS Technotes on Proc DBF and Proc DIF.
- SAS format statement American Community Survey (ACS) 1-year sample of 2010 (both person and household data).
- American Community Survey (ACS) pums files.
- ACS data dictionary pdf American Community Survey (ACS) 1-year sample of 2019.
- ACS data dictionary txt (used to make SAS format statement) American Community Survey (ACS) 1-year sample of 2019.
- The R Project for Statistical Computing.
- The rstudio IDE for R and the Shiny server.
- Go parallel and Master Spark with R, a free online book.
- A GREAT computer books site at bookdown.org, open license online data science books.
- A Big Book of R, for all things R.
- From Roasoft, Sample Size Calculator by Raosoft, Inc.
- From O'Reilly, Mastering R-Shiny
- Useful lp notes
- Useful graphing at ThingSpeak
- Open source math software at Sage. Meant to compete with expensive commercial math packages.
Interneting and Web pages via CSS and webstandards
- Interneting is hard, Friendly web development tutorials for complete beginners
- The w3schools web Primer including html pages
- Zen Garden, The Beauty of CSS Design pages
- maxdesign, CSS resources and tutorials for web designers and developers.
Become your own Telco with guidance at Personal Telco
The O'Reilly Network's High Performance Web Development site at Radar
web server and companion website to the O'Reilly
Free Unix based fileserver software at the Samba
Documentation for Teradata
Toolkit for Oracle, TOra
, download page.
Tool for Oracle Application Developers T.O.A.D.
Free SQL database software at the MySQL
Open Source database software (taken from MySQL) at the MariaDB
Open Source Object Oriented Relational database software at the PostgreSQL
homepage for PCs.
The Linux Terminal Server Project
A Free C++ compiler for PC's cygwin
with Unix roots...
A Free Source Code Library
Free books by Bruce Eckel's
Site with free online books on C++ and STL.
The Electronic Privacy Information Center
The Mathworks homepage makers of MatLab
And the Perl.com
site maintained by O'Reilly books
Books published by O'Reilly
Computer Security Scanning software at Nessus
IEEE Computer Society
Pharmaceutical Industry SAS Users Group PharmaSUG
Web Page Design for Designers
The World Wide Web
Hypertext Preprocessor page.
A handy lookup reference feature and the PHP Knowledge Base
Open Source apps using PHP at horde.org
Getting started with PHP at PHPBuilder
The Free Software Foundation's GNU
The All Things Distributed
were the best things are free.
were the best things are free.
IBM Technical Support
IBM's AIX Support
archive at NIST
Hewlitt Packard support pages.
The Original Mac Upgraders Geek Boutique! at Mac Gurus
Steven Feuerstein's PL/SQL
Filemaker, Inc's Filemaker
The InterNIC's Resources
for the Internet